The Animal Control Officer is responsible for picking up lost and stray animals. If you see a lost animal, please report it by calling our Animal Control Officer.

To make an appointment with the code enforcement officer, please contact the building department's administrative assistant at (845) 373-8118 x102, between the hours of 12:30pm to 4:30pm, Monday thru Thursday.  If you need to send a fax, the building department's fax number is (845) 373-9826.  If you need to speak to the Code Enforcement Officer, his direct line is (845) 373-8118 x118


Building Inspector/ Code Enforcement Officer-


Building and Zoning Department Hours:

MONDAY - THURSDAY 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Office Hours:
8:00 am-10:00am
10:00 am – 12:00pm By Appointment
Office Phone: 373-8118 x102
Office Fax: 373-9826

Due to needs for increased security in court please note: 



Norman Moore – Town Justice
James J. Devine – Town Justice
Maureen Moore - Court Clerk
Dawn Marie Klingner - Court Clerk
Christopher Klingner – Chief Police Constable

Police Constables : Jason Dean, Duewayne Jackson, Francis Lansing, Abdur Mohammed


There are two Town Justices in the Town of Amenia who are elected to 4 year terms.  Currently Norman Moore and James J. Devine are serving as the Town of Amenia Justices.  The Town Justices deal with criminal and civil litigation arising within the town limits.  The justices can also perform civil marriage ceremonies.

On the civil side, the Courts hears actions seeking monetary awards up to $3,000 and small claims proceedings for awards up to $3,000. The court also handles landlord/tenant matters that may result in an eviction as well as a money judgment for back rent that is due.

Town Courts are best known for their small claims parts. Small claims proceedings are intended to provide a low-cost, simplified and informal procedure for individuals to resolve disputes involving limited monetary claims. Often individual litigants do not use an attorney in these matters and are not required to do so.

On the criminal side, the court is authorized to handle matters involving the prosecution of misdemeanors and violations that are committed within the towns or villages geographic boundaries.

The Town of Amenia Court also conducts arraignments and preliminary hearings in felony matters. In addition, these courts hear Vehicle and Traffic Law misdemeanors and traffic infractions.

Town Justices are required to be on-call 24 hours a day and are often called upon to arraign misdemeanor and felony charges as well as to act as Family Court judges when Family Court is not in session. In cases involving domestic violence, the judges are also authorized to issue orders of protection.

There are two Court Clerks who can answer questions about court procedures but cannot give legal advice.  The Clerk collects fines and responds to requests for documents such as certificates of disposition.  The Court Office is located in Town Hall.  Maureen Moore is the Court Clerk for Hon. Norman Moore and she can be reached at 845-373-7017 or via email. Dawn Marie Klingner is the Court Clerk for Hon. James J. Devine and she can be reached at 845-373-8434 or via email.


The Town of Amenia Court hears formal civil cases when either the Plaintiff or the Defendant resides in, is employed in or has a place of business within the Town.

Defendants are not guaranteed legal representation in civil court as they are in criminal court but may retain legal representation.  People with low income may wish to contact Legal Services of the Hudson Valley which is funded, in part, by the US Department of Health and Human Service, the New York State Office for the Aging, and Westchester County.


Cases charging the commission of a traffic infraction within the town limits are filed in the Town of Amenia Justice Court. Information regarding how to proceed with a traffic ticket may be found on the ticket issued to the motorist. If the motorist responds by pleading not guilty, the Court Clerk will schedule a pre trial conference hearing. The Court conducts non-jury or bench trials for violations, offenses and vehicle and traffic cases. If the motorist pleads guilty by mail, a fine letter will be issued that instructs the defendant on procedure and amount of payment.


The Court hears small claims cases up to a maximum amount of $3000 when the Defendant resides in, is employed in, or has a place of business within the Town. Individuals and sole proprietors of businesses may bring a suit against an individual, corporation, partnership, association or assignee in Small Claims Court by filing a claim with the Court. There is a filing fee of $10 for claims up to $1000 and $15 for claims up to $3000. You may not file a claim in Small Claims Court for over $3000.

Small Claims Court is intended to provide a simple, informal and inexpensive procedure for prompt determination of small claims. The hearings are conducted in a way that ensures justice according to law without requiring a detailed knowledge of courtroom procedures or rules.   pdf Small Claims Handbook (968 KB)


The Court also hears Summary Proceedings/Evictions when the property and the Respondent are located within the Town. These proceedings include non payment of rent or holdover evictions. Plaintiffs may claim the full amount in dispute as there is no limit on the amount of the claim for which the Court has civil jurisdiction in such cases.

The Court hears both residential and commercial landlord/tenant cases.


The Town of Amenia Court hears criminal cases originating within the Town and has full jurisdiction for non-felony cases (misdemeanors and violations) to accept guilty pleas or hold trials. On felony charges, the court conducts the arraignment and preliminary inquiry and may set bail or hold without bail. If the charges are not reduced to misdemeanors, the Town Court transfers them to Dutchess County Court for final disposition. The Town Court may not accept pleas in felony cases.

Defendants have the right to legal counsel and to choose a jury trial or non-jury trial for misdemeanor cases. The Dutchess County Public Defender's Office provides legal services to criminal defendants who have been determined to be indigent.


Sign up forms for Amenia Recreation and Travel Baseball/Softball may be downloaded here.


Recreation Committee Mission Statement
The Recreation Commission is committed to providing opportunities and experiences that enhance the quality of life for residents of all ages in Amenia.  We attempt to accomplish this through a diversity of recreational, social and educational programs, services, events and facilities that meet both the individual and community needs.

The Amenia Recreation Commission was formed on May 3, 2005.  It is made up of volunteers, appointed by the Town Board, who have a desire to help sustain and improve all recreational offerings.  The Commission governs all Town Recreation activities, including but not limited to:

    • Program Administration (Maintenance, Creation or Elimination)
    • Planning
      • Rec Master Plan
    • Publicity (Flyers, TV, Internet, Newspaper, Schools, etc.)
    • Questions, suggestions and Concerns


Name Title Contact Term End
Chip Watt Member Email 12/2018
Chris Klingner Member Email 12/2019
Linda Gregory Member Email 12/2020
Peter McCaffrey Secretary Email 12/2021
Scott Russo Member Email 12/2022


To find out about upcoming Commission meetings check the Town Calendar.  For your convenience minutes from previous meetings are posted on this website.

Recreation Liaison

One or more members of the Town Board are always designated as the Recreation Liaisons.  This was done to streamline communications between the Recreation Commission and the Town Board. 

Recreation Department

This department consists of paid employees, hired by the Town Board, who work together with the Recreation Commission in order to help them fulfill their mission. 


Amenia Recreation has always been fortunate to have a very dedicated group of volunteers.  If enough volunteers are not available costs rise, programs are negatively impacted or can sometimes be dropped completely.  If you have an interest in a particular program (even if it doesn't exist), have some time and are willing to help contact any member of the Recreation Administration.  Your help is always needed and appreciated.  Thanks!

For more information refer to the Recreation and Parks pages.

Megan Chamberlin, Highway Superintendent, elected January 1, 2018, has an Office Manager for 15 hours a week.  The Highway Crew consists of a crew of five.  They are responsible for 60 town roads and 32.38 miles of road.
The Highway Superintendent and her crew maintain all bridges and all pipes on town roads.

Welcome to the Town of Amenia Tax Collector's Information Page


As Tax Collector, I am responsible for the collection of property taxes for approximately 1982 parcels.  The duties of this office, as well as the collection procedures are statutory and defined by the New York State Real Property Tax Law.  

Any inquiries are welcome with regards to collection policies and general tax information.  Assistance is provided to residents, realtors, lending institutions, title companies and other entities that may require information.

Before entering upon the duties of this office, it is required that all tax collecting officers take the Constitutional Oath of Office.  In addition, an official undertaking of bond, which guarantees the faithful performance of the office must be executed and filed in the Town Clerk's Office.  Once the collector has taken the oath and executed the bond, she or he becomes an insurer and guarantor of all monies, securities, papers and records that the law provides shall be in his or her custody.


Property tax bills are mailed in early January.  Payments can be made upon receipt of bill thru February 28th without penalty.  If they are paid after February 28th, the penalty schedule is as follows: 


January to February 28, 0% (percent) penalty;

March 1 to March 31 - 2% (percent) penalty;

April 1 to April 30 - 3% (percent) penalty;

May 1 to May 31 – 4% (percent) penalty;

June 1 until settlement with County Treasurer, 5% (percent).

In addition, after May 15, a fee of $2.00 will be added for each parcel.


After May 31st, all unpaid taxes are turned over to the Dutchess County Commissioner of Finance, 22 Market St, Poughkeepsie NY 12601.



New York State Law states whether you receive a bill or not, you are ultimately responsible for payment including penalties.  Once a bill is in the penalty stage, payment cannot be accepted without the penalty.



To view your 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 Town and County Property Tax Bill, please click on the below internet link and input the necessary information.

All tax payments will be reflected on the above web site after 10:00 AM each business day.


Frequently Asked Questions


I never received my bill or I received it late, do I still have to pay the penalty?

Yes. Failure to mail a statement or the failure of the property owner to receive a statement will not affect the validity of the taxes or penalty as dictated by law (New York State Real Property Tax Law §922).  The Tax Collector does not have the legal authority to waive statutory penalty charges, nor does any other official.  These regulations are governed by the Real Property Tax Law.  If the collector waives any penalty he/she will be held personally responsible.  All records are audited by State examiners and there is no discretion in this matter.


If I mail my payment on the due date, do I have to pay a penalty?

New York State Real Property Tax Law §925, provides as follows:  "Payment of taxes by mail, when enclosed in a postpaid wrapper (envelope) properly addressed to the appropriate collecting office and is deposited in a post office of official depository under the exclusive care custody of the United States Post Office shall, upon delivery, be deemed to have been made to such officer on the date of the United States Postmark on such wrapper. "  The provisions of this section shall not apply in the case of postmarks not made by the United States Post Office.  A postage meter postmark is not a postmark made by the United States Post Office and will not be honored according the provisions of Real Property Tax Law §925.


Payments received after the due date will be returned for proper payment to include the appropriate penalty.  No town official or employee can waive the penalty.


Do you accept payment with credit cards?


Yes.  Payment may be paid in person during regular business hours or by visiting the town’s website, and selecting pay your taxes or at


The Town of Amenia Tax Collector will be accepting online & Credit Card payments for Dutchess County Town and County Real Property Tax Bills. There is a convenience fee that will be applied for the service. The fees are as follows: Visa, Master card and Discover Credit Card 2.45% percent of total tax payment Visa Debit $3.95 E-Check $1.75


Can I pay my property taxes in installments?


No.  The Town of Amenia does not accept partial payments.  Payment must be made in full or it will be returned for proper payment.


When can I make in person payments to the Tax Collector?

Payments will be collected at Amenia Town Hall, Town Clerk’s Office, 4988 Route 22, Amenia NY 12501 – Monday through Thursday 9am-2pm


  View Taxes Online  

I would like to tell you a little bit about the Office of the Town Clerk, and about my duties and responsibilities as Amenia’s Town Clerk.

You may not realize it, but the Office of the Town Clerk has served as a direct link between residents and their local government since as far back as biblical times!

As many of you have already experienced, my office prides itself on having a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We are accessible to the public, answering resident’s questions and taking care of their town-related business needs. For your convenience, I am a Notary Public and offer this service to residents free of charge. Many of the Town Clerk’s duties are mandated by law but many more go well beyond those mandates as the Town Clerk also serves as a major source of information to all residents of Amenia.

My office issues all licenses - for example, hunting & fishing licenses, dog licenses, and marriage licenses, marriage and death transcripts, parking permits, FOIL requests and voter registrations to name just a few. The Town Clerk is also appointed Registrar of Vital Statistics and in this capacity I keep birth, death and marriage records, all of which are issued from my office. I am the custodian of all Town records and am responsible for the storage and disposition of active and inactive records. I am also responsible for keeping minutes of all Town Board meetings, and these minutes serve as the permanent, historic record of the Town. The Town Clerk has many duties related to billing and disbursing funds to the State, County and local fiscal officers and also assists with state and internal audits. These are some of the official duties my office is responsible for, and as you can see, the job is quite a complex one.

I welcome your questions and comments and want you to feel comfortable calling or stopping by my office at the Town Hall with any question you may have, especially if you aren’t sure where to go to get the answer. I can usually get the answer for you or point you in the right direction. You can e-mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call the office at (845)373-8860 x125.

Applications for Freedom of Information Request (FOIL); Parking Permits, Genealogical Search, Dog License, Marriage and Death are available for download. Completed applications and fees may be mailed to Town Clerk, 4988 Route 22, Amenia NY 12501


Helpful Information


Dog Licensing

Every dog, regardless of age, owned or harbored in New York State for longer than 30 days must be licensed in the town, city or village where the dog is being harbored. The following are the only license exemptions:
•Dogs under four months - If the dog is under four months of age and not running-at-large (off the owner’s premises)
•Dogs harbored in New York City - Dogs harbored in New York City (these dogs must be licensed by the NYC Department of Health)
•Non-resident dogs - If a non-resident brings a dog into New York State for less than 30 days and the dog is licensed according to the resident state’s licensing laws Dogs confined to a premise - Dogs confined to the premises of any public or private hospital, research institution or a Class A Dealer with a certificate of exemption from the Commissioner.

•You may license your dog in person at the Town Clerk’s office or by mail. Licenses are issued for one year.

To be issued an original or a renewal license, you will need to provide:
•a spay/neuter certificate if applicable
•proof of current rabies vaccination
•check or cash for the appropriate fee ($12.50 spayed or neutered, $20.50 unspayed or unneutered)

*There is no fee for guide dogs, war dogs, hearing dogs, police work dogs or service dogs*

By Mail
•Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope
•Rabies Vaccination Certificate
•Check for the appropriate fee made out to: Town of Amenia

In Person
•Bring in your dog’s rabies vaccination certificate
•Bring in cash or check for the appropriate amount


Conservation Licenses
•Hunting and Fishing licenses can be purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office.

•Cash or check, payable to the Town of Amenia.

•Do not heat laminate your license panels as the heat will turn the entire panel pitch black.
•With the new Junior Hunter Mentoring Program, 14 and 15 year olds can now hunt deer and bear with a firearm. Make sure to fill out the required permission form and read the FAQ’s on the DEC Website at


Genealogical Searches

Birth, Death and Marriage records are available for genealogical search as far back as 1882.The Registrar of Vital Statistics can provide uncertified copies of the following records for genealogy research purposes:
•Birth Certificates – must be on file for at least 75 years and the person whose name on the birth certificate must be known to be deceased.

•Death Certificates – must be on file for at least 50 years.

•Marriage Certificates – must be on file for at least 50 years and the bride and groom are both known to be deceased.

The time periods are waived for direct-line descendants. A direct line descendant is a person in the direct line of descent, i.e., the child, grandchild, great grandchild of the person whose record is requested. The direct-line descendant applicant must provide the following:
•Proof of their relationship to the person whose record they are requesting.

•Proof of the death of the person whose birth certificate they are requesting.

•Proof of the death of the bride and groom whose marriage certificate they are requesting.

•The standard fee for a genealogy copy is $22.00 and applies separately for each record requested. Send the completed form, along with a check for the appropriate amount, made payable to “Town of Amenia”


Marriage Licenses


A couple who intends to be married in New York State must apply in person for a Marriage License to any Town or City Clerk in the State. The Marriage can take place anywhere within New York State. Your marriage license is not valid outside of New York State. The application for a license must be signed by both of the applicants in the presence of the Town or City clerk. No premarital examination or blood test is required to obtain a Marriage License in New York State. There is a 24 hour waiting period during which the ceremony cannot take place. When both of the applicants are over the age of 16, the 24-hour waiting period may be waived by an order of a Justice of the Supreme Court or a Judge of the County Court of the County in which either party resides. If either person is under the age of 16, the order must be from the Family Court judge of the County in which the person under 16 years of age resides. A marriage license is valid for 60 days, beginning the day after it is issued. The expiration date for active duty members of the Armed Forces can be extended to 180 days. There is a fee of $40.00. Cash or check is accepted. Appointments may be made with the Clerk to apply for a Marriage License after normal business hours.

Required Identification

An original birth certificate, baptismal certificate or a certified copy or transcript with a raised or colored seal is required. It must also be professionally translated if it is not in English. A second form of identification may include any of the following:
•Driver’s License
•Employment or picture ID
•Immigration record

Previous Marriages
Both of the applicants are required to show proof of any previous divorces. The divorce paperwork must be an original or certified copy and contain the “Judgment of Divorce” section. A certified copy of the death certificate is required when a former spouse is deceased.

Age of Consent
If either applicant is under 14 years of age, a marriage license cannot be issued. If either applicant is 14 or 15 years of age, such applicant(s) must present the written consent of both parents and a justice of the Supreme Court or a judge of the Family Court having jurisdiction over the town or city in which the application is made. If either applicant is 16 or 17 years of age, such applicant(s) must present the written consent of both parents. If both applicants are 18 years of age or older, no consents are required.

One parent alone may consent to a minor's marriage if: the other parent has been missing for one year preceding the application; the parents are divorced and the consenting parent was given sole custody of the child when the divorce decree was awarded; the other parent has been judged incompetent; or the other parent is deceased.

Parents, guardians or other people consenting to the marriage of a minor must personally appear and acknowledge or execute their consent before the town or city clerk or some other authorized official. If the notarized affidavit is made before an official outside of the State of New York, it must be accompanied by a certificate of authentication when the consent is filed in New York State.

For more information:


Copies of Marriage Licenses and Certified Transcripts

The bride, groom, legal representative or anyone who can demonstrate a legal claim can obtain a certified copy. Those requesting the record for a legal claim will not physically possess the record. The record will be sent directly from the Town Clerk’s Office to the agency requiring the record.

If the applicant is not the bride or groom, a judicial or other proper purpose must be documented. An example of a judicial or other proper purpose would be a marriage record needed by the applicant to claim a benefit. Documentation would consist of an official letter from the agency verifying that to process the claim they require from the applicant a copy of the requested marriage record.

Applicants will need to fill out the DOH-301 (Application to Town Clerk for Copy of Marriage Record). Current government issued photo ID is required. Copies are $10.00, and can be paid by cash or check. Checks should be made payable to Town of Amenia. When applying for as copy by mail, the applicant should include a written notarized request along with the application form.


Home Births

Public Health Law 4101 Charges the local Registrar with the enforcement of complete and accurate vital statistics registration. Therefore, before a home birth is registered, the local registrar must determine when, where and to whom the child was born.

Parents will be asked to provide positive identification, proof of residency, and supporting documentation from a prenatal or postnatal health care provider, the Department of Social Services or other government agency familiar with the family and the mother’s pregnancy. The local registrar may require that the parents and child personally appear at the registrar’s office.

In the case that the mother is not married, the putative father’s name may be entered on the birth certificate only if he and the mother submit a correctly executed Acknowledgement of Paternity (DOH-3732/DSS-4418). In accordance with Public Health Law 4130(2), a Certificate of Live Birth is to be filed with the local Registrar within five days of the date of birth. If more than one year has elapsed since the birth of the child, the registrar will process the birth as a “Delayed Birth”.


Copies of Birth Certificates

A Certified Copy or a Certified Transcript of a birth certificate may be issued only:
•To a person with a New York State Court Order

•To the person named on the birth certificate, if 18 years of age or older

•To the parents of the person named on the birth certificate.

•To the lawful representative of the person named or the parents of the person named on the birth certificate.

•To the Commissioner of Health

•To a municipal, state or federal agency when needed for official purposes.

A Certification of birth may be issued:
•To the person named on the birth certificate; if under 18 years of age

•To a person over 18 years of age, if a certification is what they prefer

•To a person who can demonstrate the record is required for a Judicial or other proper purpose.

To obtain a Certified Copy or Certification, you will need:
•A completed DOH-296A (Application to Local Registrar for Copy of Birth Record)

•Proper government issued photo identification

•$10.00 cash or check, payable to Town of Amenia

•If requested by mail, the applicant should also write a brief request for the copy with a notarized signature.


Copies of Death Certificates

A Certified Copy or a Certified Transcript of a death certificate may be issued:
1.To a person with a New York State Court Order issued on a showing of necessity

2.To the spouse, parent or child of the deceased

3.To the lawful representative of the spouse, parent or child of the deceased

4.To a person requiring the record for a documented legal right or claim

5.To a person requiring the record for a documented medical need

6.To a municipal, state or federal agency when needed for official purposes

Those falling into categories 1, 4 or 5 will not physically possess the record. The record will be sent from the Town Clerk’s Office directly to the agency requiring the record.

To request a search and certified copies:
•Applicant will fill out the DOH-294A (Application to Local Registrar for Copy of Death Record). For records of deaths that occurred after 1/1/1988, the applicant will need to specify whether he or she is requesting the copies with or without the confidential cause of death.

•Applicant will need to provide a current government issued photo ID

•The fee for certified copies of death certificates is $10.00 per copy. Make checks payable to Town of

•If requested by mail, the applicant should also write a brief request for the copy which should be notarized


Handicapped Permits

Handicapped Parking Permit issuing agents are only authorized to issue permits to residents of that agent’s municipality. Applicants will be required to prove identity and residency. Examples of acceptable proofs of residency are:
•New York State Driver’s License or Non-Driver’s ID card
•Utility Bill
•Property Tax Bill or Receipt
•Letter from Landlord or Residential Care Provider


Any NYS resident that qualifies as a “severely disabled person” is eligible for a statewide parking permit. This includes children and elderly people that don’t drive or own a vehicle. Parents or guardians may apply on behalf of a disabled dependent. A State facility or agency may apply for a permit for each vehicle it uses primarily to transport disabled persons. State agencies must submit the request for a permit on the agency's letterhead. The request is to include the following:
•Describe the facility or agency
•Explain how it serves individuals with disabilities
•List the plate numbers and year and make of the vehicles in which the permits will be used
•Include a copy of the agency or facility license or authority to operate

Types of Permit
•Temporary Permits are issued to people that have a temporary disability
•The maximum duration for a temporary permit is 6 months. This permit will also be issued to any visitors from another country who are disabled and traveling in New York State.
•Permanent Permits are issued only to applicants diagnosed as a “severely disabled person” and have proper documentation stating such.
•Medical Certification Requirements

Applicants can obtain the standard “Application for a Parking Permit or License Plates, for Persons with Severe Disabilities” form (MV-664.1) from the Clerk’s office or download the application here. The applicant can fill out Part 1. The address should be a physical address, not a P.O. BOX. The doctor needs to fill out Part 2 completely. Part 3 will be filled out by the Town Clerk or Deputy Town Clerk.

Handicapped Parking Permit Renewals
Prior to the expiration of your current permit, you should make arrangements for the renewal of your permit. The procedure for renewing a Handicapped Parking Permit is the same as the procedure followed for the original permit.

Lost/Stolen Permits
An applicant must report lost or stolen permits to the Dutchess Sheriff’s Department (845)486-3800. After receiving a case number, you may come to the Clerk’s office and a new permit will be issued.

Denial or Revocation of Permits
New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law authorizes issuing agents to deny an applicant a permit or to revoke an issued permit if he or she feels there is evidence of abuse. If a permit holder is notified that the permit has been revoked, he or she must return the permit to the issuing agent. If the permit is not returned by the specified date, local law enforcement personnel will be contacted to confiscate the permit.

Visit the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles website at for more information

“Making a false statement, or providing misinformation on an application to obtain or facilitate the receipt of a parking permit or license plates for persons with a disability is subject to fines ranging from $250 to $1,000 under Section 1203-a(4) of the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law and is punishable as a misdemeanor under Section 210.45 of the NYS Penal Law.”

Amenia Transfer Station is located at:

Welsh Sanitation
5275 Rte 44
Amenia NY 12501

Hours of Operation (Effective 5/1/16)
Wednesday: 9:00am to 2:00pm
Saturday 7:00am to 1:00pm

Open to all residents of AMENIA only

No liquid waste material accepted
No hazardous material waste accepted.

Permits are purchased at Amenia Transfer Station located at Welsh Sanitation
Permits: $10.00/$5.00 (Senior)

Household garbage: $4.00/bag

Metal & plastics 1-7 (free)

Electronics, bulk trash & appliances accepted (fee)

Phone: (845) 877-9354

Hours for paying your water bills at Amenia Town Hall:

Monday through Thursday from 12:30 to 4:30

Located in the Building Department on the 1st floor.

Katrina  - 845-373-8118 ext.102



Our water source is made up of 5 wells located throughout the water district. At each of the well locations the water is treated with chlorine for disinfection purposes, it is then pumped directly into the distribution system.  The unused water is stored in a 200,000 gallon storage tank located at Washington Court treatment facility.   Our system serves 1006 people through 305 service connections.  The total water produced in 2011 was 34 million gallons with an average monthly use of 2.5 million gallons.  The daily average of water treated and pumped into the distribution system was 99,000 gallons a day.

pdf Annual Drinking Water Quality Report 2016 (423 KB)
icon  pdf Annual Drinking Water Quality Report 2014 (180 KB)
icon Annual Drinking Water Quality Report 2012